When we started our journey, Laurel at our adoption agency told us that waiting would be the hardest part. We both said, out loud nonetheless, that will be the easy part for us. We truly believed that since our lives are full of so many other things, homeschooling, working, keeping up with our boys, that time would just fly by and before we knew it, we would be travelling to Kazakhstan. Ha! Ha! Ha! Boy was I wrong. At least during the paperwork phase (I like to call it our papermester, our first trimester of our adoption) we were so busy with our to-do list, that we didn't realize so much time had gone by. Then in our second trimester, our paperwork went through a maze of officials who had to check and re-check all that hard work we had done. During that time, we were getting updates often and we were making progress (or so I told myself). But now, we are in our last trimester and this has certainly been the most painful for me. Laurel called it the longest labor you will ever endure.
We have been assigned to our region as of July 21st and have been on the "any day" alert since then. I have had some difficult days when I felt like maybe this adoption was not going to happen. I have been dancing the "what-if" tango, letting my imagination run wild. But then, my amazing hubby comes home and reminds me that God called us to this journey and He will see us through it till the end.
I could go on forever, so I will end this post with a promise to post why we decided to adopt in our next post.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Sandy! Great blog...I love the look of it! I will keep checking back and hopefully there will be some good news soon. Who knows? Maybe we'll be there at the same time!
ReplyDelete