

Well, I promised to go back and post why we ultimately decided to adopt and why Kazakhstan.
We have always had a heart for adoption and could really feel the Lord drawing us closer to actually taking that step. In the winter of 2008, through a great deal of prayer, we knew that God was inviting us to be a part of something wonderful. It was truly amazing how God spoke to both Mike and I in very different ways, showing us that we had a child just waiting for us. We had started our journey looking into fost-adopt and domestic adoption. At that point, international adoption was out of the question. It was too much money, too far to go, too ..., well you get the point. We had a long list of why we would not consider international adoption.
On the brink of signing a contract for domestic adoption, I heard the Lord say very clearly "Be open." What did this mean? For several days, the Lord spoke those two words into my heart. I realized that I was not open to adopting a child from another country. I had decided, before even asking Him, that this simply was not a possibility. It was in those moments that I knew that our daughter was waiting for us, across the world, in an orphanage, and that Our Father was holding her in His hand.
The Lord led us to Laurel, our adoption facilitator, and she showed us Kazakhstan as a great option for our family. With a giant leap of faith, we signed the contract in August 2008 and just handed the rest over to God. There were so many unknowns when we began this adventure, but He has carried us through.
So, now we wait. Above is a map of where we are going. We will be travelling to Petropavlovsk. It is on the northern border next to Russia. Please keep us and our daughter in your prayers as we wait, and wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment