Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth!

It was a few weeks ago, that I decided to stop living each moment in wait and live my life with the thought that God was taking care of everything for me, so why worry. Wow, what a concept!! I started planning for Christmas, thinking of all the fun things I was going to do for school, we even cashed in our coins that we have been saving for years and planned a trip to Disneyland.

Funny how things happen. Just when I stopped worrying about it, the very thing I was worrying about, well ... just happened.

I was on my way to the hotel parking lot, received a call on my phone. I didn't recognize the number, so I just let it go. It wasn't but two minutes later, I realized that it was our agency, and I quickly realized there was really only one reason they would call on my cell phone. While I was calling her back, she was calling Mike in the hotel room. And so it went, phone calls back and forth between Mike, myself, and Laurel at our agency.

It was surreal. I think I only heard every fifth word as Laurel helped prepare me for the preparation to come. My mind was spinning and it didn't seem real. We really are going. We are finally going to meet our daughter. Our precious little girl that we have loved so dearly in our hearts.

Disneyland will forever have a special place in our hearts. It will be the place that the doors finally opened. The door that we waited so patiently outside, knowing our treasure was within.



The numbness is subsiding and we are realizing how soon our dream will become a reality. Please keep us in your prayers as we plan to travel.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me cry!!! Everything you said here is so true. I'm happy you were able to Let go, let God". HE came through for you! I can't wait to help you on this most exciting part of this adoption journey. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so exciting!! we are so happy for you! can't wait to follow you on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete